Unit 4 Reflection: Web Folio

The web folio is a key component to recognizing all the success and accomplishments achieved throughout the term of the course. It captures the growth in my writing demonstrated through assignments, reflections, and highlights of my best work. Being able to revise and implement new writing strategies has allowed me to utilize skills that can be transferred into the professional setting at all levels.

When building and designing the web folio, I planned my layout based on delivery-focused entirely on the readers. I wanted to demonstrate a quality that emphasized the trait of being user-friendly to readers where the web folio was visually appealing and easy to navigate. I did this by implementing pictures and providing easily clickable links such that it would give viewers the best user experience. This was done with respect to a recent project that focused entirely on providing users easy access to exploring my web folio. It would not be beneficial to my purpose of searching for jobs if I had content that was hard to route to. By implementing a design aimed toward the readers, I can illustrate my appreciation and illustrate my attention to detail in the position of the readers.

Along with this aspect of accessibility, I have also decided to further tailor my web folio to include a recent project that aims to target issues around inclusion and diversity. It is a component that furthers my interest in both the healthcare and technology industries. The addition of a video demo provides users with an easy method of learning more about the program my team and I have developed. It breaks down the application into a demonstration of how the program works in the case users are interested in giving it a go.

The most important part of the web folio is that it recognizes the ability for students to demonstrate professional skills that are marketable to jobs. It recognizes the need to put effort and time into personal development to be seen as a respectable candidate to employers.