Try Taobao and Tmall when you go to China.

On September 18th, Alibaba issued its initial public offering that brought the world’s attention. As the largest e-commerce retailer in China, Alibaba now has a market value of more than $250 billion according to the news on November 4th “Alibaba, Shrugging Off Slowdown in Chinese Economy, Reports Strong First Earnings”, and “Alibaba is worth more than Facebook”.

Alibaba is aimed to provide the world with a new and convenient way to exchange, including on-line payment. I think Alibaba changed the way of how people lived and the numbers shows that this has a lot of potential. I personally like to do on-line shopping and Alibaba makes sure that I can to do on-line payment. Especially in China, Alibaba established Taobao and Tmall, which later become the two biggest online selling systems in China. Alibaba also established alipay, a third party payment platform, which most of Chinese people chose to use. These examples show how people’s lives are changing with technology. I also believe that in now day, the industries that associates with new technology has a lot of potentials, since people want their lives to be simplified. Actually, I think that every firm needs a innovative thinking to make it differentiable.

“Alibaba is worth more than Facebook”

I try to imagine that in the future, people can just sit in their bed and press some bottoms on their smart phone, and they can handle everything. We are waiting for Jack Ma to establish more technology to us.