My name is Zoë, and I am a fourth year Dietetics student and a part time food services supervisor at UBC Hospital. It is my first semester in person at UBC and I’m excited to be on campus and meet many of my fellow classmates who I’ve only talked to over Zoom. I have thoroughly enjoyed my studies so far and love learning more about the field of dietetics and taking classes such as this one, where the learning will most definitely serve me as I move through my academic and professional career.

My interest in nutrition and health stemmed from my own past health issues and a less than ideal relationship with food and has grown into a passion for dietetics and helping people achieve a higher quality of life through food and nutrition. What I’ve learned so far has challenged my perspective on many aspects of nutrition and I hope to be able to pass on this knowledge in the future.

Upon graduation, I am eager to try out many different roles as I figure out what I like best, whether it be working with the community, with patients at a hospital, or in food service management. That being said, I am particularly interested in public health roles and working with communities across British Columbia to improve food security, prevent disease, and educate on relevant nutrition topics.

In my free time when I’m not working or studying, I enjoy hiking around beautiful BC, reading, and cooking delicious food.