I wonder how the constant use of my computer is going to change my posture or affect my health.  Some days I feel shooting pain up my entire arm because of so many mouse clicks.  Can someone say, “carpal tunnel?”  I think my posture at the computer is not ergonomically correct because I’m still hunched over even though my elbows are at a 90′ to the keyboard.  I’m 5’10 and have to always be conscious of my posture anyway especially when talking to little people aka 8 and 9 year olds.  I wonder if the physiology of man will change over time because of the interaction with electronics?  Will we re-volve back to a hunchback state? After a quick Google search, it seems like back pain, sleep disorders, obesity, poor attention span, eye strain and even depression can be caused from too much computer use.

I think of the workshop I took called, “The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People.”  One of the habits is called, “Sharpening the Saw.”  This means taking time out to rejuvenate yourself no matter how busy you are so that you don’t burn out.  Rejuvenation in the form of exercise or going outdoors should help to counter any physical or mental strain from working too much on a computer.  As much as I want to push through and get all of my work done, I know my work will also benefit from a break.  Time to take my daughter to the park!

Comment now!

Trackbacks