Introduction

Welcome to my case study module designed for the emergency room nurses. Constructivism has many strategies and instructional tools; it liberates the learner from the traditional restrictions of the behaviorism into the open resources of the learning methods. In my lesson, I chose a case study to represent the case-based learning derived from the reflexive cognitive and situated learning strategies. These strategies have adopted real life problems to engage the learners in developing their skills, and in constructing knowledge more than remembering.  Case based learning represents the complex problems immerged in an authentic environment where the learners have a prior experience in constructing the knowledge. Being a nurse for the last 20 years has pushed me to adopt the case study module; I find it an effective tool over the PowerPoint or for traditional learning. In addition, case study empowers learners with different perspectives; it enables learners if worked as groups to cooperate in modeling the information, collaboratively activates the social enquiry-learning strategies, and prioritizes the approaches to solve problems. This approach has lately become a demand for the health care personnel in delivering high priority actions. All of these strategies strengthen the critical thinking needed for health care workers such as nurses.

2 thoughts on “Introduction

1. DORELI REYES

hi.would like to search for emergency scenarios for online learning of my students because of the situation,they could not go to the unit so we try to give case scenarios instead. thank you