Recent Posts

New Horizons

I have now begun my journey into two new courses – ETEC 522 Ventures in Learning and ETEC 530 Constructivism. As I examine the course outlines and expectations, both courses will challenge my thinking and expand my horizons. The introduction to the forum for ETEC 522, a community blog rather than WebCT, is extending my public web presence. Each post is visible and accessible to all, which makes me more aware of who my audience is or may be. ETEC 530 is hosted within the new Blackboard learning management system which has challenged me to become familiar with another LMS. Since it is in an inaugural phase, I am more patient with the technology than I would normally be, making me realize that this virtue is an essential one when introducing new technology within any educational setting.

The first post for ETEC 522 is focused on opportunity horizons as the relate to ventures in educational technology. I examined the 2012 Horizon Report from New Media and reflected on its meaning for my teaching practice. This reflection is linked here.