Unit Two Reflection

Unit Two of English 301 has helped me refine my skills in networking and systematic writing. The LinkeIn assignment was extremely helpful for me because as someone on the bridge of graduation, I believe that a LinkedIn profile could be vital in helping to network with peers and potential managers. I read through each of my group members “10 tips” for a LinkedIn profile and learned something beneficial with each post. By reviewing their profiles I gained a better understanding of how to complete my profile. I found the Formal Report to be extensively more challenging. The first step, which was brainstorming which subject area to complete my proposal on, took me around 2 full days to complete. I eventually decided on focussing on the plastic straw problem, specifically at the Body Energy Club near my apartment. I concluded that not only is this problem applicable to me, seeing as I am a frequent customer at this location, but I believe that my proposal could also help snowball the implementation of paper and metal straws into other Body Energy Club locations. Creating my outline was the most important process in the project thus far because it allowed me to organize my thoughts and create a schedule for the future directions of my proposal. The project is going as planned as I remain on schedule, as I have completed revising the questionnaire and am now at the stage of beginning to interview customers and employees. I feel confident that I will be able to complete my project successfully and on time. Overall, this unit was helpful and helped me advance in my writing skills.