Registration Time

When my Facebook NewsFeed gets taken over with people’s STTs, worklist and final timetable, I know it’s that time of year again.

Endless hours spent creating worklist after worklist, only to discover that you in fact don’t have the necessary prereqs, or all the classes you wanted are already full. Gotta love registration time. Here are a few handy websites to take a load off your registration stress. (For us second year year kids, registration is right around the corner. For those in other years who have already registered, this is a little late but at least you got your courses already. Just keep these tips in mind for next year.)

PAIR
It’s often the case that you need a few extra credits but don’t know which elective to take. Or you’re looking for those “GPA booster” courses, because honestly who doesn’t want a higher mark? Or maybe you’re wondering which prof gives the best marks. Here’s where PAIR (Planning And Institutional Research) comes in. It gives you everything you need to know about every single section of every single course at UBC since 1996. From who taught the class to the class averages to the grades distribution in the class. So look up your classes on PAIR and find out for yourself. And for those mandatory classes, seeing that previous course averages are 60%, definitely motivates me to study. Click Data Access –> Grades Distribution.

My-UBC-Course-Is-Full
I’ve heard quite a bit about this service although I have yet to tried it for myself. Basically, when the class you need is full. You pay a fee of $5 fee per course and if a spot opens up in your desired course, they shoot you an email or a text. You register and voila you’re in it!

GPA Boosters
SFU and UBC courses reviewed by fellow students. There isn’t many reviews right now, but check it out anyways or even better, get the ball rolling and post a review!

Property of UBC
A blog by UBC students dedicated to those aspiring to live the MD dream. Pre-med, pre-dent, pre-pharm. It gives you quite the reality check as well as straight up course reviews. Property of UBC tells it like it is.

Rate My Professors
The obvious. Perhaps the most well-known university review sites This website has caused quite a bit of debate over the years. Like other review sites, approach with caution.