|Contact Information||Mailing Address|
|Office: (604) 822-8480
Fax: (604) 822-8477
|2053 Main Mall
Canada, V6T 1Z2
Major Fields of Concentration
Urban Economics, Real Estate Economics, Public Economics
Urban Land Economics (COMM 306, UBC), Real Estate Economics (COMM 407, UBC), Government and Business (COMM 394, UBC), Seminar in Research Methodology (COMM 693, UBC)
|PhD||Economics||University of Minnesota, Twin Cities||2005|
|Primary advisor: Professor Thomas J. Holmes|
|BA||International Economics||Seoul National University||2000|
|July 2014 – Present||Sauder School of Business, University of British Columbia
Associate Professor (with tenure)
|July 2005 – June 2014||Sauder School of Business, University of British Columbia
|June 2003 – May 2005||Research department, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
Research Analyst. Research Assistant to Dr. James A. Schmitz, Jr.
|September 2001 – May 2003||Department of Economics, University of Minnesota, Twin Cities
Instructor. The courses taught include Principle of Microeconomics, Principle of Macroeconomics, Public Economics, and Environmental Economics.
- Lee, Sanghoon, and Jeffrey Lin. 2017. “Natural Amenities, Neighbourhood Dynamics, and Persistence in the Spatial Distribution of Income.” The Review of Economic Studies 85 (1): 663–694.
Holmes, Thomas J, Wen-Tai Hsu, and Sanghoon Lee. 2014. “Allocative Efficiency, Mark-Ups, and the Welfare Gains from Trade.” Journal of International Economics 94 (2): 195–206.
- Lee, Sanghoon, and Qiang Li. 2013. “Uneven Landscapes and City Size Distributions.” Journal of Urban Economics 78: 19–29.
- Lee, Sanghoon, John Ries, and C Tsuriel Somerville. 2013. “Repairs under Imperfect Information.” Journal of Urban Economics 73 (1): 43–56.
- Holmes, Thomas J, and Sanghoon Lee. 2012. “Economies of Density versus Natural Advantage: Crop Choice on the Back Forty.” Review of Economics and Statistics 94 (1): 1–19.
- Holmes, Thomas J, and Sanghoon Lee. 2010. “Cities as Six-by-Six-Mile Squares: Zipf’s Law?” In Agglomeration Economics, 105–131. University of Chicago Press.
- Lee, Sanghoon. 2010. “Ability Sorting and Consumer City.” Journal of Urban Economics 68 (1): 20–33.
- Lee, Sanghoon. 2007. “The Timing of Signaling: To Study in High School or in College?” International Economic Review 48 (3): 785–807.
- Lee, Sanghoon, Seung Hoon Lee, and Jeffrey Lin. n.d. “The Well-Being of Nations: Estimating Welfare from International Migration.” (Submitted.)
- Lee, Sanghoon, and John Ries. n.d. “Noncognitive Skills in Admission Decisions: Impacts on Demographics, Academic Performance, and Labour Market Outcomes.” (Submitted.)
- Holmes, Thomas J, Wen-Tai Hsu, and Sanghoon Lee. 2010. “Plants and Productivity in Regional Agglomeration.”
- Lee, Sanghoon, and Seung Dong You. 2011. “The Price-to-Income Ratio and the Quality of Life.”