Is it really a Christmas for December 25 2013?

Do you want gifts this year?

With recent years of economic situation, it seems not that many people would like to spend more money on Christmas shopping than the previous year. Salary seems to be a constant amount for most working class, and yet prices of most daily products tend to be climbing a ramp. How would you spend your money this Christmas? A recent poll happened in October, the average U.S is expecting to spend $704, while the poll from last year November, the average U.S was expecting to spend $786.

Walmart, I hope everyone enjoys their cheap products that are available to most Canadians. Now the fun part is, Walmart in U.S. is already starting clean out its product stock and inventory. So I guess, less Christmas presents for U.S. teenagers, and let’s hope Walmart in Canada is not doing the same strategy.

Burgers, they remind me of McDonald’s, and the many tasty flavours they offer. To a certain degree, I enjoy myself with BigMac, and hopefully you are too. However, McDonald’s in U.S is planning to reduce the varieties of burgers to reflect the suffer of its sale from low shopping desire of many U.S.

Another interesting point is about energy. The largest coal supplier in U.S is deciding to reduce its coal stocking to reflect the increase use of alternative energy source, such as natural gas.

With all these negative influences, I wonder if this year’s December 25 is still a “Merry Christmas” for everyone. It might be still a Christmas for regular students like me, but perhaps not a happy Christmas for business owners.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/business/2013/11/holiday-shopping-worries-for-walmart-and-kohls/