Home

This blog is dedicated to the progression of work done in English 301 99A with Dr. Erika Paterson. It is designed with the intent of meeting the challenges of changing technology and globalized communication in placing emphasis on its students to hone and sharpen their written skills. As it is conducted solely online students are able to take advantage of collaborative skill-sharing, as well as benefit from a professionally minded course that may provide learners with a foundation for their future chosen career. Foremost, the objectives of this course aim to lead students in learning to address a variety of audiences in a professionally conducted manner, design reports targeted at addressing a problem in need of solving and collaborate with others in an efficient manner. Through course readings, students will be introduced to elements and techniques of writing in business which will allow opportunities to practice. Through the frequency of assignments and the use of the Professors blog for directed guidance in correcting work, by the end of the course students will, hopefully, find themselves with an increased fundamental set of professional skills.

As a student of the course, my expectations are through the frequency of practice and self-reflection that I may better my existing writing skills as well as sharpen professionally-minded ones. I hope to progress in my understanding of business communication and find myself at the end in a better spot than when I began. As an online course, I hope to take advantage of the increasing relevancy of becoming technologically based, as well, I hope to learn from my peers and form a functional collaborative team.