Meet the 23-Year-Old Who Turned Down $3 Billion for Snapchat

Click and send, that’s the simplicity of snapchat. Snapchat was brought up a few times during lectures, so I figured I would do a blog post about snapchat. The takeaway that I got from this article relates closely with the entrepreneur class that we had when Cole (Sauder alumnus) came in as a guest speaker. He told us how he believed in his company even though he struggled early on; now he turned the corner and made it successful.
This story relates to his statement in a sense that Evan Spiegel, the 23 year old co-founder of snapchat believes that his company could be worth more that $3 billion. Snapchat is currently valued at $860 million, so Zuckerberg obviously sees something in this company as he values this company more than three times its net worth. Google in the other hand came up with a much better offer for snapchat, valuing the company at $4 billion dollars. This valuation is more than 4 times of the company’s current net worth. Nevertheless, being a true entrepreneur that he is, Spiegel declined the offer and claimed that his company could still grow and that’s what I admire the most about him; a true entrepreneurship spirit.

Article:

http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/breakout/meet-the-23-year-old-kid-who-turned-down–3-billion-for-snapchat-010309114.html