Twitter Co-Founder’s Next Project Could be Bigger – Post Twitter IPO

The story of Twitter’s IPO has been discussed a lot in class. However, I stumbled upon this article and I find it very interesting how it has never been brought up in class. Twitter’s co-founder believes that his next project “could even be bigger”.

Just looking at the title, assumptions can be made here on whether or not this is just another big idea that won’t come to live. Since twitter has announced their IPO, they need a lot of publicity in order to maximize their profit. As I have learned through Comm 101 class, mass media is an easy route to gain public’s attention. Through this announcement, Jack Dorsey has accomplished more than promoting his new project. I personally think that his new idea of square makes a lot of sense, as according to him, “It’s an app that allows you to “check in” at a business. When you’re ready to pay, just tell the cashier your name and you’re done.” It is a very convenient app that can be used. Nevertheless, I believe that there is a bigger motive behind his announcement. He is seeking more for public’s response for the success of Twitter.

Article:

http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/breakout/twitter-co-founder-jack-dorsey-set-changing-commerce-144131411.html