Midterm Blog Evaluation

Hi Erika! Here are my three blogs that I have chosen for evaluation. I hope you enjoy!

Sarah Afful

1. Free From All These Chains is my blog in response to the claim made by Chamberlin that “Rastafarianism may be the only genuine myth to have emerged from the settlement of slavery in the New world”. I begin with a story of my trip to Ghana with my mom, that ties into the argument made by Chamberlin. On a beach in Ghana my mom and I spent some time with some Rastafarians.

Free From All These Chains

2. The Beautiful Lady and the Lady Octopus with Eight Legs; A Creation Story, is my story on the creation of evil in the world. I use the themes of jealousy and belonging to explore how evil may erupt an spread from an entity.

The Beautiful Lady and the Lady Octopus with Eight Legs: A Creation Story

3. The White Woman Who Fell From The Sky begins with a story that I was told by Uncle that aligns nicely with Thomas Kings evaluation of our attachment to the Biblical creation story, over the “Earth Diver” story. I go on to explain why I think we are pushed to believe the Christian creation story over any other.

The White Woman Who Fell From The Sky