296 Self Introduction, Hello

Good tidings to all who find this page.  My name is Alan Lee and much like most of you, a second year Sauder Student. I’m leaning towards Accounting but nothing is definite, so I’m attending this class in order to gain a more technical and hands on understanding about this department called Marketing. I volunteered for a fundraiser before where I would advertise to passersbys the cause and missions of the organization in hopes of spreading the group’s name  and image and gain donations.  This was my first encounter as being a marketer. Now as one of their targets , I think the first ad I ever encountered was something for McDonald at the age of 4, though their ads were clearly too good to be true as they always showed this perfect burger but never deliver it. But it was interesting especially seeing Ronald McDonald and his crew popping out randomly. Seriously a Clown , a bird,a  thief, and a purple triangle monster end up becoming the mascots for a multinational corporation. Can’t be any stranger than that.

My favorite ads are those that have mistakes. Because they are funny and makes you wonder if it was intentional in order to make it stand out or a bunch of people are going to get fired. From these ads, I learnt the importance of getting your message out to the people because even if something stands out, if no one gets it, the company wasted money funding for nothing. For example this Heads On commercial.

YouTube Preview Image

Not to bash it, but I thought it was a wrinkle remover. Apparently its a headache remover.

With this blog done, I’m going back to studying whilst reading 9gag.

Good night.