AppleLess, but AbyHoods.

Dear all, welcome to AbyHoods!

AbyHoods is not a brand. Today. It might be it tomorrow if the ideas turn into realities. If it will be able to communicate and connect, and not just to talk. But the first step is to try to tell something.

The word ‘Aby‘ stands for my name. I am Alberto Bettini, an Exchange student here at Sauder.
I come from a small village sited in the north-eastern Italy. 25 languages cite it in Wikipedia and 4,000 souls live there. I love it. My twin and I moved to Milan to attend Bocconi University three years ago. Milan is a big city and we found a totally different environment, but it was and it is exciting living there. I love economics and commerce. And my studies are based on deep motivations and on the will of improving my skills.  This is the first term of my third year, and being here in Vancouver is awesome. My english is not so good and I want to improve it, but it is not as easy as I thought. And 4 months are not enough, though I want to make a longer step every day. Living in campus is a new realty and experimenting a completely new method of teaching and grading is a new challenge.

I am Appleless which means that I don’t own any Apple goods. I am not the ideal customer many companies would like to have, of course I have many preferences about certain products, but I am actually hard to become loyal. I am a good observer, also when I go to the stores. I love soccer, music, books and being helpful and kind whenever is possible. I hate cooking with the microwave, the lies and not giving the maximum in all the things I do.

The word ‘Hoods‘ or ‘Neighborhoods’ has many meanings. It reminds me that I am a traveler. And as a traveler I am curious of the unknown and I love discovering new things, new cities, myself and the other inhabitants. It reminds me that we are different to each other, but we can live together. It reminds me that there are partners and competitors, but also targets. And it is finally a tribute to blink-182 with whom I share minutes of silence around me and music inside me.

I’ve never blogged before, but I’ll try.
And if AbyHoods will be a brand in the future, Sauder will be a part of it.

BarbaranoMilanoVancouver

Barbarano                                                  Milan                                              Vancouver