About

Currently in my last year of my undergraduate degree in Geography with a focus in Environment and Sustainability. I see several linkages between geography and First Nations studies, particularly the geography of Canada and how settler colonies interacted with the several different First Nations of Canada. The First Nations people have also been living a highly sustainable way of life, being a self sufficient nation and relying on the ecosystem for nourishment.

I have taken this First Nations and Indigenous Studies 100 course as an elective, with the goal of beginning to understand the issues behind how settlers and Indigenous nations can live in an integrated manner. In this increasingly globalized world, I believe integration is so important between Indigenous and non-Indigenous people. I feel as though this is easier said than done, and will require an immense amount of work.

In starting this conversation through this blog, this space is intended to display my thoughts, quotes, links, research, photos, and work in taking the first step towards the overarching goal.