Engineering Entrepreneurs

The Funded

Who says one man can’t change the world? While I can’t speak for people attempting to transform our world one good deed at a time, I can in fact explore the work of Adeo Ressi, an entrepreneur who is changing the landscape of start-ups.

Just last week I learned that 75% of all start-ups are bound to fail, this article only rubs salt on the wound when it explains that in fact 90% of all start-ups fail. All of my confidence in my own ability would invariably be shattered in learning this statistic. How on earth could I start a start-up with the odds piled up against me?

Well, reading this article, and about the work of thefunded.com I am definitely less nervous about the future of entrepreneurs.

Ressi’s idea is that he can actually make successful entrepreneurs if he choses from a pool of applicants. Through a mixture of immersion workshops and educational seminars, Ressi’s company aims (and achieves) to reduce the 90% failure rate to as low as 10%.

This week’s lectures were based on entrepreneurship and applying these skills on a social level. I feel that companies like The Funded and Arc are an example of applying invaluable skills to cases and extracting the maximum success out of them.