funtime

Just another UBC Blogs site

funtime header image 2

road ahead (week 6)

October 26th, 2012 by amberzhang

I have long believed the corn price is too high and went short on Monday. Finally on Friday, the price went down a little bit. The reason may be for the Mexican stock released corn futures.

The price of corn this week remained tepid. Nothing new information allowed it to adjust its price to a higher place. It is believed that the price of corn in a long term is till upward base on the demand and short supply in cash market.

However, one thing should be noted is that 200,000 contracts of corn are still holding in the hand of funds. We need to take safe protection against a sudden correction of corn price in a relatively short run.[i]  Specially, This thing had happened last year.

Base on this potential tragedy, it is may be safer not to invest so much on corn. Soybean is an alternative, but more information is needed.

[i] http://www.agrimoney.com/1/commodities/

Tags: 3 Comments

Leave A Comment

3 responses so far ↓

• 1 Yijeong Oct 28, 2012 at 9:47 pm

Hi Amber,
    Good to see you back to blogging. Hope everything is well with you. Great job on making profits! Appreciate your sharing.

• 2 mark Oct 31, 2012 at 7:00 pm

Amber you have good trading ideas and have the discipline to execute according to plan. Your conservative risk taking is working very well indeed as I can see from your profit performance! I shall follow your blog closely and look forward to learning about your strategies!

• 3 amberzhang Nov 2, 2012 at 11:39 pm

it flatters me.
    i will keep on trying. hopefully my luck won’t run out. 🙂