by Anushka Nair

Application Letter

May 30, 2022

Class of English 301

The University of British Columbia,

Vancouver, BC

V6T 1Z4, Canada

Dear Class of English 301:

Please consider my application for a position in a professional writing team. I am currently obtaining a BSc. in Mathematics and a BA. in Sociology from the University of British Columbia, with a projected graduation date of May 2023. 

After my undergraduate degree, I intend to pursue a Master of Business Administration (MBA) and work in digital marketing or human resource management, with a focus on data analysis. This is why within mathematics, my interests lie in linear programming due to its application in Economics and Business. To gain more experience in these fields, I have started an internship for the government of Singapore, working in their Communication and Marketing division. This experience has helped me develop ​​my skills in teamwork, innovation and communication as well as increase my familiarity with the technical side of digital marketing. I am also in the process of getting a certification in Data Analytics through the Google certification program. Along with this, I have volunteered for many clubs on campus, such as for the marketing department at UBC Music Initiative and as a coordinator for the Science Undergraduate Society’s Mental Health Advocacy Group.  

In terms of writing, my strengths lie in creativity, clarity and a good understanding of my audience. I work hard to achieve my goals and have the focus to get tasks done without any distractions. However, I find it difficult to organize my writing in such a way that it has a logical and coherent flow, which also affects my conversations at times. I have also noticed that I have space for improvement when it comes to my vocabulary and grammar. 

When it comes to my learning philosophy, I learn best when I am offered constructive criticism of my work. When I am able to see how my writing is viewed through other people’s lenses, I am able to clearly see my mistakes and take note of them so I don’t repeat them again. I am also appreciative of good communication that makes it clear what the people in my team expect from me. 

I believe that my experiences and personality have prepared me to work well within teams and fulfill the objectives that this course outlines. If my background meets your needs, please email me at anushka.nair3108@gmail.com.

Thank you for your interest,

Anushka Nair

Technical Writing 301/ May 2022

301 Anushka Nair Application Letter

»