Hello! Welcome Grade 9s
Culture and Connection
The theme for this year will be about learning about what connects us to others and our environment. It also the year to explore new and creative ways to view the world. We will be exploring texts that show us ways of how different cultures and backgrounds connect.
Goal: Broaden their perspective -own identity. How does their identity impact their worldview.
Resources, Links & Worksheets
Below are worksheets, and assignments. Please make sure to log in to your own Google Drive account and MAKE A COPY. Label this document with your Last Name, First Name (Block) Title of Assignment
Name & Indigenous Culture
- What does my name mean?
- Cultural Significance WebQuest Worksheet
- 3, 2, 1 Pyramid Response “Why is it important to learn about the past?”
- Learning our Why Survey Assignment
Memoir & Tradition Unit
- Danger of a Single Story Worksheet
- There’s no Recipe for Growing Up Memoir
- My Family’s Slave Memoir
- What is a memoir? How do you write a good memoir?
- Memoir Assignment, Criteria & Rubric
Migration & Settler Film Narrative