12/6/13

A Break in the Monotony

While thinking back to the filming process and how we had arrived at that point, I realized that this project was an excellent way of ending this course off and summarizing all the useful marketing material we have learned over the term.
Moreover, breaking the project up into three parts was a good way of keeping us on track, allowing us to prepare quality material at each stage which was beneficial to each preceding part. As I watched each video, I was able to see the results of the work done at each stage and how much they contributed to the final video. It was a pleasure to see the creativity and thought put into each video, which was emphasized by the reviews we had to do.  Going through each review, I was able to tune in to each group’s marketing mix for their company and learn things I had never heard of. I felt like that a peer review would’ve been reviewed in a similar manner even if we had a presentation, so I can’t imagine it to be overly different than our online peer reviews of these videos.

I could only imagine how much each group learned about their company, as my team had chosen Starbucks. Starbucks was a company I thought I knew quite well, but that was never the case! This project taught me so much more and has made me a lot more humble in regards to how much I think i know. The filming process itself was quite fun, and enabled our team to further bond together. As one of the actors in our video, I had a great deal of fun filming with the team. It also made things more interesting when we were able to voice our opinions and act them out via video. With the integrative use of video and professional editing software, we were really able to deliver our  ideas with style.