Hola a todos

Hola.

I am Camilo Castillo, (I am also from Colombia, Liliana!) and I just arrived to Vancouver. I studied Literature Studies long time ago (or no so long?), and I took some literary theory classes. I have to confess (1st confession) that I did not have the best relations with those classes. At that time, I felt that theory was cold and very distant from literature, I did not feel the warm sensation that I felt, and I still feel, reading novels, short stories or poems. Maybe, now that I think it again, at that time I was cold and distant from theory so I could not feel the warm sensation that probably dwells in it. Maybe, if I think again, today I am more curious about theory than at that time… or maybe I am old? Or both?

Nowadays, I want to confess (2nd confession) that I am pretty excited for the theory course, I truly believe that taking a look over some theories can help me clarify my research field, which is related with gerontology and old narrator characters in recent Colombian narrative.

Anyway, I am not sure if I will be able of understanding all theories, or most of them, or some of them, or… however, the fact that I will get confuse and I will have the opportunity of share with you guys my confusion it is unique.

Thanks. Gracias. Merci.

Camilo

1 thought on “Hola a todos