Energyaware and its prospect

I was reading Liu, Rae’s blog. I found it was pretty interesting. Thus, I would like to make comments on her blog and Energyaware based on what I learnt.

Energyaware is a company that focuses on selling software, hardware products. One of the products that they are producing is the power tab, which is used to measure how much electricity you are using at home and how much it costs you. Basically, it tells how much electricity you are using for each electrical equipment, and how much electricity you are wasting even if you switch all the equipment. In which case, it can actually save a lot of money for consumers.

Energy aware technology in-home display is a new (oligopoly) market, which means it does not have too many firms yet. The only main competitor of Energyaware is a company called Onzo. It is not really competitive to expand market to the highly demanded countries (the countries with high electricity fee). However, it is said that consumers could not buy the power tab from any retail stores or online, which would push some consumers away. I would recommend them to provide a way for consumers to buy the products directly online or set up retail stores if they have enough fund. Energyaware is aim at developing to a million dollar company in four years, which is reasonable if they can expand the market well. How are they going to develop their advantage and avoid their disadvantage? This is the main problem they will be facing in the next 4 years.

url:http://www.energy-aware.com/our-customers/

where are you headed after Graduation–Thoughts after hearing Janice Cheam