Best Works

1. Definitions Assignment – For the definitions assignment, we were to define a word in multiple ways. The word chosen had to be a familiar word to ourself with but potentially unknown to others with a different knowledge background. I had chosen the word Heuristics and defined it using a parenthetical definition, sentence definition and an expanded definition.
  2. Peer Review of Definitions Assignment – For the peer review, we had the opportunity to critique on our peers’ definition assignment. We were partnered with one member of our team. I critiqued on jargon, organization, target audiences and purpose of their definitions assignment. I had also given initial impressions and suggestions to improve on.
  3. Formal Report Proposal & Progress Report with Surveys – The formal report was a project that allowed students to explore an issue relevant to them and conduct research followed by proposing a solution. I chose to explore the issue of inaccurate data collection of behaviour interventionists and proposed three possible solutions. This issue relates to me as I am a behaviour interventionists and am interested in topics revolving around education. The report proposal states the issue and proposed solutions in detail as well as my proposed methods of data collection. The progress report highlights my research plan, writing schedule as well as the purpose and significance of this report.
  4. Complaint Letter & Response Letter – The complaint and response letter is an assignment that aims to focus writing with a complaint. We chose a day to day issue that anyone could experience and wrote a formal letter explaining the issue and requesting for compensation. Then writing on behalf of the other role receiving a complaint and offering a compensation. I chose a real life example of receiving a damage product from online shopping and wrote a complaint letter. I then wrote a letter offering a reshipment of the product.
  5. Peer Review of Application Package – The peer review offers an opportunity to critique one of our peer’s application package. I have critiqued on the cover letter, resume and three letters requesting for reference. Suggestions are also given to help with my peer revise her work.
  6. Peer Review of Formal Report – The peer review offers and opportunity to critique my teammate’s formal report draft and offer suggestions to them. Peer reviews are also important in seeking out successful writing styles or organization that peers have used and to revise on your own work.