Entrepreneurship Class

Today’s class was much anticipated as last class, Rob asked us to be on time and prepared with thought-provoking questions to ask our guest speakers for this class. Today, we had two guest speakers: Eric Carlson, the CEO of Anthem Properties and Amielle Lake, CRO and Founder of Tagga.

I especially enjoyed Eric Carlson’s speech; he told us his story and journey through his career. Because he is the CEO of a large company, it was interesting to hear how he got to where he is today. Much to my surprise, he experienced many ups and downs.

His speech was very stimulating because as a student, I have doubts about how my future career will turn out. It was both inspirational and intimidating listening to his story. Firstly, it was comforting to know that he was able to continue going in business even when so many things went wrong along the way. However it was daunting but eye-opening because he was honest; things would not always go your way in business.

Overall, his speech was very informational and I felt that he taught us something that we don’t normally learn in a class lecture.

Source: http://www.anthemproperties.com/about/team/development