Bauer Enters Lacrosse

The NHL lockout is affecting more than just the players and millions of fans, it is also affecting sporting goods companies.  Bauer, an enormous supplier of hockey goods, has decided to expand into the rapidly expanding North American market of lacrosse.  Although the NHL lockout will not affect the company too much, Bauer believes that this plan will lighten the impact.  Dominating the global market for hockey equipment, the company’s biggest customer base are the children around the world who love and play the sport.  Because of the increase in popularity with lacrosse for kids, Bauer believes that it can step up and fill a similar place in this new market.  Having played hockey since I was five years old, I know that Bauer makes phenomenal equipment.  In fact, my favourite stick was the Bauer Vapour 40 which I played with for several years.  As a company that produces such high quality equipment, it is my personal opinion that Bauer is completely capable of expanding into this market and succeeding with selling to kids who are passionate about the sport.  My only question: Why didn’t they do it sooner?

Sources:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-investor/bauer-aims-to-rebound-from-nhl-lockout-with-lacrosse-power-play/article4595424/