Beginning of Inquiry

Posted by in Inquiry, Professional Development

Today in our inquiry class we started discussion about which questions we could explore during our practicum.  The following seven questions are some of the questions that I have created.

1) Can rote memorization help reinforce my students’ learning?  This is in reference to my school advisor’s power points that she plays during transition periods

2) What method is better for teaching grade 1 students? At the carpet, at desks, or a combination of the two?

3) When is too much, too much in reference to commercial products?

4) Does using “gotchas” actually promote a sense of community and a sense of responsibility?

5) How can I help my EAL student to fully succeed without removing them from the classroom for 1:1 instruction?

6) How can I properly teach Aboriginal education without having an Aboriginal students in my classroom?  In addition, there are only 2 Aboriginal students in my school.

7) Is integration, with reference to special education, plausible for all students?

The last question, question 7, is the one that excites me the most.  Having been in both classrooms in Alberta and in BC that have special needs students I can see the differences in ways the classroom can be run.  I wonder which is better for students…

After my 2-week practicum I will see what new questions arise and which I will follow.