Why I really want a Clydesdale… oh and a Budweiser

When it comes to a great ad I don’t think you can top the recent “Brotherhood” ad released by Budweiser for the Super Bowl. The ad, which depicts the story of a clydesdale and his trainer, is more than heartwarming, it is tear-jerkingly wonderful. Okay, yes it is a little sappy, but in all the right ways.

Watch the add here

What makes this ad so strong is the way it evokes people’s feelings. By establishing a genuine emotional connection with all demographics of viewers, Budweiser is effectively marketing its brand and values.

Do great ads really make a difference?

I love this ad, but will it really inspire me to choose Budweiser over the competition? As I am not a real beer advocate, I might easily be swayed by lower prices, etc., even though I view Budweiser as an acceptable brand within the evoked set.

It would be interesting to survey people purchasing Budweiser in the immediate weeks after the super bowl and inquire if this recent ad had factored into their purchase. Additionally, focus groups could expose the correlation (if any) between the ad, and sales.