“Is McDonald’s Losing the Happy Meal Crowd”???

As I was scrolling down a list of articles, one in particular caught my attention called “Is McDonald’s Losing the Happy Meal Crowd”. What I found alarming is that McDonald’s, one of the most successful and flourishing businesses in the globe is experiencing difficulty, and is slowly losing an important category of customers, kids.

0909_happy_meal_970-630x420

People are finally choosing to feed their children healthier food. According to Crain’s Chicago Business, “McDonald’s has lost its first-place position as the chain with the most “kid appeal” ”. Its competing restaurants now include Sandleman & Associates, and Chick-fil-A. I believe that if things continue to progress this way, McDonald’s will completely lose this vital category of customers. It is essential for the company to think of ways of regaining its initial success and attracting newer customers. Much of this has to do with the fact that people are finally realizing that McDonald’s is not a nutritious food choice for their children. It was reported that the “global same store sales fell 3.7 percent, the worst decline in a decade”. This poses a serious threat and it is up to them become more innovative and to develop new marketing strategies.