Skip navigation

b-mrj-a-20140829

I really enjoyed the article about these new jets designed by Mitsubishi. I definitely agree with Husan in his blog post that although this isn’t the most original idea executed, but it is innovative in the fact that it’s a sustainable aircraft of low cost. One thing that I would like to add to this article is the fact that the subject ties in well with the idea we learned in class about companies creating new ways in modifying their cost structures and value propositions. For one, this is the first aircraft designed and produced for over half a century. This creates a new service that the company can offer to people looking to travel overseas by plane as well as creating employment for others in terms of manufacturing the aircraft. On top of that, it affects the cost structures being that the plane upholds sustainability at a low production cost.

Reading through the same article read by Husan, I saw that in 2010, JAL had suffered from bankruptcy and had been making ways to recover from their broken state. I expect to see an improvement in JAL’s financial status as they purchase these planes, which are designed for domestic flights, and open up their domestic routes, which were once closed due to their complications.

Source of Image:

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2014/08/28/business/corporate-business/jal-orders-32-mitsubishi-regional-jets/