Hulk: The Beginning

I got a bit of a late start to this project as I was sick the week it began but thanks to my partners – we were able to make slices of the model.

model1 model2 model3 model4 model5However, because I missed this first week of progress – I actually think this worked to my advantage as I got to look at the project objectively and assess what I would need to take it on. This ended up being taking photos of my model to begin modelling and placing them into Rhino using PictureFrame as we did for the Lightbulb tutorial.

hulk_back hulk_front hulk_side hulk_top

However, after a short while… I ran into what became a huge hiccup and deterrence from my workflow. What Edward said to be a videocard issue and all I needed to do was “refresh” the PictureFrame every so often… wasn’t the reliable fix (as it sometimes didn’t ever bring the .jpegs back).

1

Thankfully, I was able to trace some parts of the model before the images disappeared and worked from the physical model to start recreating little Hulk.

Lots of friends suggested using Curve Network as they found it gave them the most accuracy and success when done properly… I gave my first try and was quite pleased with the parts of the torso, chest, abs and arms I was able to produce in this first week.

2 3 4 5