ENGL 301 99A: Assignment 2:3 Email Memo

MEMORANDUM

To: Dr. Erika Paterson, ENGL 301 99A Instructor
From: Erin Mungham, ENGL 301 99A Student
Date: November 7, 2020
Subject: Progress Report: Improving Ergonomics and Pain Management of the Employees at Viewmount Dental Centre Formal Report

As requested, here is the progress report for my formal report. Below I have outlined the tasks I have completed and will need to complete. I have also attached my survey and interview questions.

Work Completion to Date:

• Goal: To determine ways to improve ergonomics and pain management and recommend a course of action to my employer
  • Audience for my report: Dental professionals and Dr. Irina Smirnova
  • Purpose of my report: To improve ergonomics and pain management for the dental team at Viewmount Dental Centre
  • Significance of my report: The investigation into better ergonomics and recommendations of pain management options will improve work productivity, career longevity, and physical/mental well-being of employees.

Work in Progress: Research Plan

• To identify the problem (how many dental professionals experience physical pain due to their job and how can this be improved)
  • Primary data sources
    – Survey respondents: Ontario Dental Hygiene Network, dental professionals
    – Interviewees: Dr. Irina Smirnova, Dentist. Melanie Barbeau, Dental hygienist.
  • Secondary data sources
    – Publications on ergonomically designed dental equipment
    – Literature review of the prevalence of musculoskeletal diseases and pain among dental professionals

Work to be Completed: Writing Schedule

Nov 16th: Start conducting surveys and interviews

Nov 21st: Conduct secondary research by reading literature reviews and studies

Nov 27th: Work on formal report and include the results from primary and secondary research

Nov 28th: Finalize my formal report draft

Dec 1st: Formal Report Draft posted on team forum

Dec 5th: Do peer review for formal report draft

Dec 6th: Do reflection blog

Dec 10th: Peer Review of Formal Report Draft posted on team forum and Unit Three Reflections Blog

Dec 13th: Make edits and changes to my formal report based on recommendations from peer review

Dec 15th: Finalize my formal report

Date for Completion: December 17, 2020 Formal Report will be posted on team forum as a pdf. doc

This project is on schedule. As soon as I receive your approval for my primary research, I will conduct my interviews and surveys.

Interview and Survey questions

One comment on “ENGL 301 99A: Assignment 2:3 Email Memo
  1. erikapaterson says:

Hello Erin,
    Thank you for posting this progress report, this looks good to go. Only one note about the Survey – questions 16 and 17 need to be cut, they are too personal. Other then that, enjoy your investigation and I look forward to learning more. Thank you. Erika