Peer Review for Definition of Cloud Computing

To: Yifan Wang, Student of English 301

From: Cathy Liu, Student of English 301

Date: October 05, 2021

Subject: Peer Review for Definition of Cloud Computing

It was a pleasure reading your definition of Cloud Computing. It was clear and informative. However, I have made a few suggestions below:

Overview

I really liked that you have provided a situation and a target audience for this definition. With this expectation in mind, your definitions certainly provided comprehensive knowledge, but not too complex or too deep to understand.  In addition, you have addressed everything required on this assignment and I have not found any grammatical errors.

Recommended Changes

In both your parenthetical and sentence definitions, you used the term “remote data centre”. However, I personally think it would be better if you can expand this term a bit more . As someone with a computer science background, I certainly think both of these definitions are concise and informative, but people with very basic computer literacy might need a bit more explanation.

In your application of Cloud Computing, you included a few examples in the real world followed by the benefits of using the cloud computing technology. I would love to see more details on some of your examples such as how and why cloud computing was used in cloud storage and what is the difference between cloud storage and traditional storage of data. Although you have provided thorough details on the benefits of cloud computing, I believe it would make your definition more comprehensive by adding details on how these application utilized the advantages of cloud computing.

Overall, I found your work is quite concise, comprehensive, and definitely a pleasure to read. I do hope my suggestions are useful to you in some ways. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any questions.

Link: https://blogs.ubc.ca/engl301-99a-2021wa/2021/09/29/assignment-13-definition-of-cloud-computing/