3.1 Business Letters

Letter #1: Letter of Complaint

Catherine Yu

1234 Main St

Vancouver, BC V5H 0A1

November 12, 2021

Impark Customer Service Office

601 W Cordova Street, Suite 300

Vancouver, BC V6B 1G1

Subject: Request to Appeal Parking Notice

Dear Customer Service representative at Impark,

On Thursday October 28, 2021, I received a parking notice from Impark (notice number A83JG73). I believe the notice was issued mistakenly and I would truly appreciate it if the notice was cancelled and the fine waived.

I parked my car at the Burlington Centre Lot #1939 at 3:30pm. I was a patron at Sushi Oyama and spent approximately 90 minutes dining at the restaurant. Upon my return, I found a parking ticket on the windshield of my car.

My understanding was that parking for patrons was free for 2 hours between 6am- 6pm and Monday to Friday. As I did not park for over 2 hours, I believe the parking notice was issued erroneously.

To support my claim, I enclosed the Sushi Oyama receipt which indicates my party concluded dining around 5:00pm. I would appreciate having the parking notice resolved and the $65 fine waived by November 10, 2021. I can be reached at 604-310-2889 or via e-mail at catherineyu5466@gmail.com.

Thank you,

Catherine Yu

Enclosure: [Receipt]

Letter #2: Bad News Adjustment Letter

Impark Customer Service Office

601 W Cordova Street, Suite 300

Vancouver, BC V6B 1G1

November 15, 2021

Catherine Yu

1234 Main St

Vancouver, BC V5H 0A1

Subject: Follow up on Request to Appeal Parking Notice

Dear Ms. Yu,

Thank you for your letter appealing the parking notice error. We are very sorry for your negative experience with Impark.

We have carefully reviewed your appeal and supporting documentation. This letter is to inform you that your parking notice appeal has been denied due to insufficient supporting documentation.

In accordance with our regulations, we accept an appeal with sufficient documentation proving that the vehicle was parked within allocated hours. The parking notice was issued for exceeding the 2 hour parking limit at this lot. Based on our parking notice appeal guidelines, the documentation provided was deemed insufficient to prove the vehicle was not parked during these hours. For your future reference, acceptable forms of documentation include time-stamped video footage such as CCTV or dash camera footage.

Since this is your first parking ticket with Impark, we would like to offer a $20 voucher for future parking purchases with us. We greatly appreciate your business and thank you for choosing Impark for your parking needs. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

Jacob Koy

Customer Service Team

Enclosure: [Impark Voucher]