Assignment 3:1 – Two Business Letters

Complaint Letter 

1001 West 10th Avenue 

Vancouver, BC V6S 6B4 

20 Sep, 2021

Yi Wang, Customer Experience Manager

T&T Supermarket 

8311 Lansdowne Rd 

Richmond, BC V6X 3A4 

Subject: Mooncake Gift Box – Order Number 202100013121 

Dear Mr. Wang, 

I ordered a Mooncake Gift Box at T&T online market on Sep 1, 2021, and chose to pick up at your Lansdowne location on Sep 20, 2021. However, I received an email earlier today saying my order was cancelled due to logistic reason at T&T, and a refund will be sent to my account. 

I have been ordering Mooncake Gift Box at T&T for many years, and this time I was really disappointed by the experience. While I do appreciate that you are offering a refund, we won’t have any moon cake to eat for this coming Mid-Autumn Festival. My kids really like the flavour of mooncakes in this gift box, so I would ask if it would be possible to arrange another gift box to be delivered to your location, and I will go and pickup. 

Thank you for considering this request, and please let me know if there is any update on this. 

Best, 

Yifan Wang 

Bad News Adjustment Letter 

8311 Lansdowne Rd 

Richmond, BC V6X 3A4 

20 Sep, 2021

Yifan Wang 

1001 West 10th Avenue 

Vancouver, BC V6S 6B4 

Subject: RE: Mooncake Gift box – Order Number 202100013121 

Dear Mr. Wang, 

I am really sorry to hear that you were not able to get the Mooncake Gift Box you ordered. Our online market experienced high volume of order before Mid-Autumn festival, and an internal IT issue caused the cancellation of some customers’ orders. 

At T&T, we value each customer’s satisfaction, and we are trying to provide the best service possible. However, due to the high demand for Mooncakes during Mid-Autumn Festival, I am afraid that there will not be any more Gift Box available. As a remedy, please find in the attachment a $100 gift card for our online market and you can use it for your next purchase. 

Thank you so much for being with T&T for the past years, and hopefully we can continue providing high quality service to you. Please do not hesitate to contact if you have any additional concern. Have a good day. 

Sincerely, 

Yi Wang 

Customer Experience Manager, T&T Supermarket 

Enclosure: Gift Card Serial Code