Assignment 3:1-1 You Attitude Memo to Evan Crisp

TO: Evan Crisp 

FROM: Cathy Liu, Student of ENGL 301 

DATE: Nov 8, 2021 

SUBJECT: Advice on writing professional emails

Introduction

As requested, here is the memo on writing professional emails. The following suggestions can provide some help and result in a more professional-looking email.

Tips for writing professional email

• A professional email contains an informative and concise title. The receiver can easily distinguish urgent emails from the rest and thus prioritize emails accordingly.
  • Starting the message with a formal greeting and ending the message with a formal closing consisting of name and sign-offs
  • Keeping the message to the point and avoid lengthy text and irrelevant information
  • Eliminating typos and grammatical mistakes, as well as keeping the format clean and easy to read
  • Preserving professional tone and attitude in the email. Always show gratitude when receiving help or asking for favours

Conclusion

Writing professional emails is an essential part of communication. It takes practice to write professional emails, and there are definitely more resources. I hope the above tips can be useful in some way. If you have any questions,  please call me at 647-888-1234 or email me at cl.liu@gmail.com.