3:1 Complaint Letter and Bad News Letter

Letter #1 – Complaint Letter

Dave Borrel

1022 Davie St

Vancouver, BC V6E 1M3

November 11th, 2021

Craig Johnson, Owner

Baselines Pub

8233 166 St, Surrey, BC

V4N 5R8

Attention: Baselines Pub Customer Service

Subject: Poor Dinner Service at Surrey Location

Dear Mr. Johnson,

I am this email due to the poor service that I received while dining at the Baselines Pub in the Surrey location.

My friends and I went to your establishment on November 8th, 2021 and were seated at our usual spot. It was a busy night and we could see that the servers were visibly stressed out. I ordered my food at the same time as my friends and we were quite patient. After about an hour only half of our table received their orders. No attempts from the servers to check in on our table after half the food was delivered. The reason that I am writing to you is that we are regular customers and it was disappointing to have this type of service.

When we first approached the waitress, it seemed that she may have completely forgotten about our table as she had to write down our order again. Once the waitress arrived, it was almost time for our group to leave for a different event. We were hoping to get offered free food in exchange for our wait time of nearly an hour. However, she apologized and asked us if we could wait a few minutes to get the order of food under way. 

Another waitress who is more senior to her came to our table and offered free drinks for those who were left out. We accepted and stayed for a few minutes, giving us enough time to finish our drinks. However, for those in our party who paid the entire bill and tipped left with a poor impression of the location. As regular customers, we are disappointed, but hope to find some way to be compensated for our experience a few nights ago. We have attached the receipt of the friends who paid full price including the tip.

Please let me know how we can follow up during our next visit.

Sincerely,

Dave Borrel

Enclosure: Dinner Service Receipt,

Letter #2 – Bad News Adjustment Letter

Craig Johnson, Owner

Baselines Pub

8233 166 St, Surrey, BC

V4N 5R8

November 12th, 2021

Dave Borrel

1022 Davie St

Vancouver, BC V6E 1M3

Dear Mr. Borrel,

Your dining experience with Baselines Pub is important to us and we apologize for the disappointing time that you had. As compensation you will receive three vouchers, each including a free drink and meal.

Your continued support to our Pub is invaluable and we hope that this voucher can be acceptable moving forward . Beyond the vouchers, we will speak with our service team to ensure that new policies are met to avoid a future instance of this happening again. Attached are the three vouchers and you may print these out and use them the next time you are at Baselines Pub. There is no expiry date on these, but please be sure to provide this voucher to the waitress upon ordering.

Thank you for choosing to eat with Baselines Pub. Your feedback is essential for the growth of our service and hope that you will continue to join us for future events. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any additional questions.

Sincerely,

Craig Johnson, Owner

Baselines Pub

Enclosure: Free Meal Voucher (3x)