Assignment 3.1

Coco Chen

5961 Salish Dr,

Vancouver, BC V6ST 1V3,

Malcolm Yan

Attn: Save on Foods

5945 Berton Ave,

Vancouver, BC V6S 0B3,

Attention: Malcolm Yan, Manager of Save on Foods (Bento)

Subject: Product Quality Complaint Letter

November 10, 2021

Dear Manager Mr. Yan,

Hello, I hope all is well with you. I am writing this letter in response to the unsatisfactory service I received in October when I made a purchase at the Bento store you manage at Save on Foods.

On October 29th I purchased a box of fresh strawberries from the Bento store you manage and brought them home and put them in the refrigerator promptly. However, when I tried to eat them the next day, I found that many of the strawberries were obviously moldy and inedible. More than that, on my second shopping trip a week later, I found moldy strawberries still on the shelves in the supermarket. I tried to talk to the staff about this, but I was told that since I had thrown away the whole box of strawberries, I could not return them even if I could provide a picture of them and a record of purchase.

I didn’t understand this, because no one keeps bad fruit. But more than that, I was disappointed because in my three years at UBC I have gotten used to buying seasonal vegetables from your store and by default they are all fresh. It’s hard to imagine how many of the vegetables I once purchased were bad but were still eaten by me.

Therefore, the responsibility for these unsatisfactory results lies not only in the quality control of the product itself, but also in the results of the after-sales service I received. I believe that your after-sales service handling team did not reasonably take into account the multiple aspects of the situation for the customer. Therefore, I request a full refund of the $15 paid for the strawberries (I will attach my bill). With this compensation, I hope to regain my trust in Save on Foods’ products and services.

Thank you for your patience and please let me know your final decision.

Sincerely,

Coco Chen

Coco Chen

Malcolm Yan

5945 Berton Ave,

Vancouver, BC V6S 0B3,

Coco Chen

5961 Salish Dr,

Vancouver, BC V6ST 1V3,

Dear Ms. Chen,

Thank you so much for your 3 years of trust in Save on Foods. We apologize for the problems you experienced while shopping at our Bento store. The quality of the produce was indeed a serious lapse on the part of our team and I will certainly be in touch with our goods management department and reiterate the importance of ongoing quality control of the products on our shelves. It is very unfortunate that due to your inability to provide the original product we are unable to offer you a full refund or exchange. I have documented your disposal of the spoiled food and will use it to update our after sales service system in the future.

However, I am sorry that I am unable to accommodate you in this complaint. I am enclosing a $15 voucher for your next purchase at Save on Foods. Thank you for your patience and understanding. Please feel free to contact me if I can provide you with further assistance.

Sincerely,

Malcolm Yan

Malcolm Yan