Two Business Letters: Complaint and Bad News

Yang Liu
5740 Toronto Rd,
Vancouver, BC V6T1L2

Amazon YVR11
510 W Georgia St #14,
Vancouver, BC V6B 0M3

Date: November 12th, 2021
Subject: Textbook Order, Order # 11232121

Dear Customer Service Team,

I hope you enjoy the Remembrance Day holiday.
On November 1st, I order a textbook in Economics, Introduction to Microeconomics, by Dr. Heena Jagdishkumar Pandhi, 1st Edition. (Order # 11232121) The book that I ordered was supposed to be a brand new textbook, and it cost me $159.98 in total (including the delivery service charge). However, I found there were some annotated notes in the text when I read it. In other words, the textbook I got is a second-hand textbook, but I paid a first-hand textbook price for it.

Amazon is a reliable shopping website, and I have used it for more than two years. It is the first time that I have found such an issue with dishonesty. I am disappointed with your services, and I request you to resend me a new textbook and return this textbook.

Please let me know if there is any further question.

Sincerely,

Yang Liu

_______________________________________________________________________________________

David Lam, Customer Service Manager
Amazon YVR11
510 W Georgia St #14,
Vancouver, BC V6B 0M3

Yang Liu
5740 Toronto Rd,
Vancouver, BC V6T1L2

Date: November 12th, 2021
Subject: Re: Textbook Order, Order # 11232121

Dear Mr. Liu,

Thank you for your email informing the severe issue, and I apologize for any inconvenience due to our mistakes. At Amazon, we aim to exceed the expectations of all customers.

We are now experiencing an extraordinarily high volume of textbook orders recently due to the new university semester. The second-hand textbook you have right now may be returned by someone before, and we accidentally send it to you as a new textbook without checking.

We can process you a full refund based on the return policy and other customer service policies in three days. However, we may not start a new order for you immediately because the book you try to order is currently out of stock. The best we can do for you is to let you keep the textbook that you have now as well as a full refund for you. If you insist on having a brand new textbook, we will notify you as soon as it restocks, and you can make a new order then.

Again, we do apologize for any inconvenience, and your purchasing experience is crucial for us. Please let me know if there is any further question.

I hope you enjoy your weekend.

Sincerely,

David Lam