3:1 – Business Letters

Letter #1 – Complaint Letter

Karen Okoyomon

2838 W 18th Ave

Vancouver, BC V6B 1B6

November 12, 2021

Erin Lindsay, Director of Product Development

Colourpop Cosmetics

1400 Stellar Dr.

Oxnard, CA 93033

Subject: Poor Quality Eyeliner

Dear Ms. Lindsay­­­­­­­,

I am writing to you because I recently ordered three eyeliners from Colourpop’s online store and encountered some inconsistency with the products that I received.

On October 28th, I placed an order for three of the “Colour Stix” in the shades “coffee shop,” “bittersweet,” and “Sunday morning.” As I was excited to try my new products, I began to swatch it on my hand to test the formulation. It came by surprise when coffee shop and bittersweet both came out smooth and pigmented, while Sunday morning was extremely dry and left a patchy line of pigment on my skin. I found this to be odd, as all the shades are matte and should be formulated to have the same smoothness and finish, but the yellow one, “Sunday morning” was of much poorer quality than the two other matte polishes that I received. I hope that in the future these formula inconsistencies can be resolved. Please let me know if this is a problem with the batch I received, or if it is just the liner itself. I would appreciate it if you could issue me a refund for the product or send me a new liner.

I hope that you can investigate this issue to resolve the product quality on the “Sunday best” shade to make it match the high quality of the other Colour Stix.

Thank you,

Karen Okoyomon

Karen Okoyomon

Enclosure: Attachment photo of eyeliner swatches

Letter #2 – Bad News Adjustment Letter

Colourpop Cosmetics

1400 Stellar Dr.

Oxnard, CA 93033

November 12, 2021

Karen Okoyomon

2838 W 18th Ave

Vancouver, BC V6B 1B6

Subject: Re: Poor Quality Eyeliner

Dear Ms. Okoyomon,

Thank you for letting us know of the discrepancies in the products you received from Colourpop. We apologize for the quality issues you experienced with the Colour Stix in the shade “Sunday best.”

This case has been reviewed with the manufacturers of our products to determine the source of this problem. There was an error in the batch of yellow eyeliners that you received, which is why your item was not up to par with the others. In the meantime, a refund has been issued to you for the faulty liner. Please allow 2-5 business days for this to process.

We understand that it is frustrating to have poor quality products, so we appreciate your patience and feedback. At Colourpop, we value quality above all else, so it is important for us to be aware of these issues when they arise. We hope that in the future our products will be able keep up the highest of quality to avoid any future altercations.

We hope you are content with this offer. If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to us at colourpop@colourpop.com.

Sincerely,

Erin Lindsay

Erin Lindsay

Director of Product Development at Colourpop

Enclosure: Refund receipt