Business Letters: Complaint and Bad News

Helene Tran

505 Doyle Ave.

Kelowna, BC

V1Y 0C5

November 11, 2021

Norm and Tasha Melnichuk, Owners

Bark n’ Fly Dog Daycare and Boarding

5830 Old Vernon Rd.

Kelowna, BC

V1X 7V2

Subject: Shuttle Service at Bark n’ Fly

Dear Mr. and Mrs. Melnichuk,

I bring my dog, Bandit, to Bark n’ Fly on a regular basis for daycare and occasionally for boarding. I cannot express how much I appreciate the services that you and your staff provide. Bandit is always such a happy dog when he returns home from daycare. We also appreciate that you offer a shuttle service since dog daycare closes at 5:30pm and it can be difficult to get to your location after work. November 10th was our first time using your shuttle service and unfortunately, we had an unpleasant experience. I arrived 15 minutes early of the scheduled time to pick up Bandit. One of your staff members clipped a leash on Bandit, handed him over to me, and abruptly said goodbye. Luckily, I noticed that Bandit’s food container was sitting to the side, so I casually mentioned that the container was Bandit’s. The staff member passed me the container as Bandit pulled away. Unfortunately, the staff member had mistakenly clipped the leash to Bandit’s nametag keyring rather than his collar and as Bandit pulled away, he broke loose since the nametag keyring broke. As Bandit ran up a set of stairs, I scrambled to attach him to the leash. This was the moment when I realized that I was also given the wrong leash and as I turned back, the shuttle had already left. I was unable to walk Bandit home because he was also missing his harness, so I had to call my partner to retrieve his harness and leash. As you can see, it was an inconvenient experience and scary as well, as Bandit could have run off. While I appreciate and will continue to use your services, I wanted to bring this incident to your attention so that it does not happen again. Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Helene Tran

Norm and Tasha Melnichuk, Owners

Bark n’ Fly Dog Daycare and Boarding

5830 Old Vernon Rd.

Kelowna, BC

V1X 7V2

November 12, 2021

Helene Tran

505 Doyle Ave.

Kelowna, BC

V1Y 0C5

Subject: Re: Shuttle Service at Bark n’ Fly

Dear Ms. Tran,

Thank you for contacting us regarding your shuttle experience.  We want to apologize for this incident and any inconveniences that were caused. We understand that this was a scary occurrence for you and we’re happy to hear that Bandit is safe, as we value the safety and health of our customers. Our group of staff is dedicated to the services we provide, and we have a lot of clients using the shuttle service so unfortunately, sometimes things may be accidentally overlooked, such as the food container and unintentionally clipping the wrong leash to the wrong spot. Of course, this does not excuse what happened, but we are hoping that you are able to understand how some mishaps may occur. Our team will definitely reflect over this unfortunate incident to come up with new solutions in order to provide our customers with better care and support. We would like to offer a voucher for your next 3 daycare visits. Again, we appreciate you continuing to use our services and hope that you have a better experience next time. Please feel free to contact us if you have any concerns or questions.

Respectfully,

Norm and Tasha Melnichuk

Encl: Daycare Vouchers