Linkedin Best Practices Assignment

MEMORANDUM

To: Last but Not Least Team

From: Madison Davies, Last but Not Least Team Member

Date: February 11, 2019

Subject: LinkedIn Best Practices Assignment

Hi Team! I have listed ten suggestions below that I believe are vital to consider while creating  a Linkedin profile and tips for maintaining it.

1. Be prepared to put in the necessary time to complete your profile. The more time you dedicate to this, the more the more likely this tool is to aid in the launch of your career.
  2. Choose an amazing photo. Make sure that it is a clear, friendly, appropriate, professional image. Do some research in your field to get an example of the types of photos other professionals in your industry are using.
  3. Create a custom URL. This will allow your profile to be easily accessible to future employers and those you can network with. You can do this by going to the the ‘Edit Profile’ screen.
  4. Know your strengths and interests. In your summary space don’t be afraid to toot your own horn and list all of your unique qualifications and key skills that will make you an amazing employee. This includes listing your achievements.
  5. Implement pictures and videos into your content to keep your viewers intrigued.
  6. Always keep your audience in mind. This means targetting recruiters and HR managers specific to you.
  7. Showcase your best self. Give your readers a chance to get to know the best version of you. This will be some people’s first impression of you so make sure you appear warm and welcoming.
  8. Add your past work experiences. Use detailed statements of all of your past jobs and include company websites and past projects you completed.
  9. Be sure to include what makes you unique. Do you speak a second language? Do you volunteer at your local Women’s Shelter every weekend? These things separate you from others and make you stand out from the crowd.
  10. Request Linkedin recommendations. Don’t be afraid to ask for recommendations by people who have applauded your work effort in the past. Chances are they are happy to help!

I hope that my ten tips can be helpful in the creation of your own Linkedin profile to ultimately assist you to build a wide network that will aid in the success of your career.

Checklist. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://fuse.careers/checklist/

Editor, T. M. (2015, November 01). The Best LinkedIn Profile Tips for Job Seekers. Retrieved from https://www.themuse.com/advice/the-31-best-linkedin-profile-tips-for-job-seekers

Hi all! My name is Madison Davies and I am in my last semester at UBC. I joined this course very late but I'm hoping to be able to catch up and add to the collaborative work environment, as well as be an asset to my team. I am studying sociology and psychology. After graduation, I hope to find a career in PR or Communications as that is where most of my work experience is. I enjoy being active and hanging out with my friends and family. My hobbies include makeup, fashion, and taking care of my dog.