Memo of A Research Proposal

To: Erika Paterson < erika.paterson@ubc.ca >

From: Long You

Date: February 22, 2023

Subject: Proposal for Encouraging TWU Students to Participate in Exercise at City of Richmond’s City Center Community Center

As you requested in assignment 2:1, I have completed the homework of “Proposal for Encouraging TWU Students to Participate in Exercise at City of Richmond’s City Center Community Center”. It is now posted on our team’s forum (Long’s Team). As the research results are needed for the marketing campaign in Sep 2023, I will appreciate your input so I can start the project earliest.

In Jan 2023, A marketing campaign was launched to encourage Trinity Western University (TWU) students to exercise at the on-campus fitness center of City Center Community Center (CCCC). However, the student participation rate stays low. Motivations and barriers for students to exercise at CCCC need to be identified and addressed for the next campaign in Sep 2023.

My research initiative is to carry out a student survey for fitness participation. It focuses on different areas to investigate their individual approaches to fitness activities, so TWU and CCCC could address the needs in the next campaign.

Thank you very much for helping me make an informed decision for this research project.

ResearchProposal