This website will act as a evolving portfolio of my work throughout the course ENGL 301 – Technical Writing at the University of British Columbia. This course circulates through four distinct units, covering principles of technical and business writing, writing a report proposal, developing social network strategies through LinkedIn, and constructing a formal final report. Throughout this course, students will be able to work on their own resume and job application packages. This course aims to introduce students to the myriad nature of technical writing, to provide opportunities to practice developing skills, and to engage and challenge writers in various communication contexts.

My name is Morgan Lorenz and I am an undergraduate student studying remotely from the Bay Area in California. By day, I work in healthcare communications in biotech, but by night am completing my undergraduate degree in Kinesiology at UBC. I have worked at UBC within the Alma Mater Society, the UBC Senate, and the Kinesiology Undergraduate Society during my time at UBC. I am passionate about advocacy, equity, and championing for others and have transitioned this love from supporting students to patients in the healthcare setting. Communication is an essential skill to be able to navigate in this world we are living in, especially in healthcare troubled by multiple syndemics during this past year. Communication is needed to be effective, clear, and tangible to comprehend for all individuals, which in healthcare can be challenging to do. I hope that through the knowledge obtained in this course, I am able to improve my communication skills as I transition into post-graduate work and become a professional in biotech/healthcare administration.

Please feel free to leave me your comments and questions and I’ll be sure to respond as soon as I can. Thank you for taking the time to peruse my site and don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions you may have.