Unit 1 Reflection Blog:

Throughout this unit, my peers taught me to take note of my vernacular and held me accountable to be clearer in my writing. My habit of using esoteric terminology can confuse my descriptions, and this needs improving. I appreciated the peer review process. I was able to find blips in my writing and revise for clarity and comprehension. Peer-reviewing encourages proactive writing which is helpful.

With support of my peers, I was able to also check in with my peers throughout the process to be sure that we were compiling the required components correctly for the assignments. This aided in our ability to work productively together and assign peer reviews. Throughout my submission for this writing, I was able to receive comprehensive feedback from my peers, reflect and self correct patterns I noticed throughout my submission and revise accordingly. As a result of reflection and collaboration, I was able to improve clarity in writing and make the submission more approachable to its audience. This lesson will support future submissions in this course and beyond. I look forward to learning more from my peers in the oncoming weeks and growing as a writer by improving my performance in submissions over time.

The definition assignment teaches the importance of constructive language that can be understood by large audiences. The assignment taught the importance of concise language that provides an illustrative and understandable definition of topic at hand. Peer editing allowed for learning more about paying attention to detail, including all the required components in the submission and ensuring it is accessible to the target audience. Paying attention to detail also enables a writer to be a better editor by being conscientious of the expectations of an assignment and ensuring other peers are being held accountable and meeting expectations.

Please find the link to my Revised Definition of Health Equity here: 1:3: Health Equity Revised Definition