Emails to Team Members

To: leesamantha@live.com
From: y.wang.5@alumni.ubc.ca
Date: September 21, 2021
Subject: Application Letter Response
Attachment: 301 Yifan Wang Application Letter

Dear Samantha Lee, 

I am writing in response of your application. After reading your application letter, I would like to join your team. 

As a fellow student in Computer Science, I have similar experience of writing technical documentations at work, and I believe this will be a good chance for us to learn from each other. I am also the kind of person who tries finishing tasks ahead of time, so I am sure these. In addition, I am impressed by your attention to details. I think this is the quality that I lack sometimes. I believe our experience and qualities would make us successful in this course! 

Please find my application letter in the attachment. Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing from you. 

Sincerely, 

Yifan Wang 

To: cathyliu0315@hotmail.com
From: y.wang.5@alumni.ubc.ca
Date: September 21, 2021
Subject: Application Letter

Dear Cathy Liu, 

After reading your application letter, I want to invite you to join our writing team. I am deeply impressed by your international work experience. Because I think technical communication is even more important in a multi-cultural environment, and I believe we can all learn from you. One similarity between us is that I am also a self-starter and a quick-learner, and I feel that we could have a good grasp of course material and finish tasks efficiently. I believe that together we can be successful in this course. 

Please find my application letter in the attachment. Thank you for your time and I look forward to your response. 

Sincerely, 

Yifan Wang 

To: younglll2015@gmail.com
From: y.wang.5@alumni.ubc.ca
Date: September 21, 2021
Subject: Application Letter Response

Dear Yang Liu, 

I am writing in response of your application. After reading your application letter, I would like to join your team. 

I am impressed by the extensive writing experience you got from various arts courses. I did not have as much exposure to writing as you do and I would like to learn more about your experience. One similarity we share is that I am also a team player, and I always try my best to deliver the high-quality work to my team. I agree that we would make a great team! 

Please find my application letter in the attachment. Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing from you. 

Sincerely, 

Yifan Wang 

Summary of Writing Team Application

MEMORANDUM

To: Dr. Erika Paterson, Instructor, ENGL 301 99A 

From: Yifan Wang 

Date: Sep 19, 2021 

Subject: Summary of Writing Team Application 

Please find the full version of my writing team application in the attachment. Below is a brief summary of its content.

The letters includes a summary of my:

• Current studies in the BCS program at UBC
  • Successes with teamwork in both school projects and employment
  • Motivation to learn technical communications skill and willingness to improve
  • Eagerness to work with a writing team

Please feel free to ask any question. 

Enclosed:  301 Yifan Wang Application Letter

301 Yifan Wang Application Letter

Sep 19, 2021

ENGL 301 99A

University of British Columbia

2329 West Mall

Vancouver, BC V6T 1Z4

Dear Classmates,

My name is Yifan Wang, and I am currently in my 4th year of the Bachelor of Computer Science program. I am writing this application letter in hope of finding a writing team. I believe my team work experience at both school and work would make me a nice group member.

During my studies, teamwork has been a very important part, as a lot of assignments and projects are required to be completed in pairs or even larger groups. I always participate actively in all of the group meetings and complete my part quickly with high quality. Most importantly, I am open to constructive criticisms. As a result, all teammates that I have worked with gave me very positive feedback. During my Co-op at Philips as a software developer, I worked in a small development team of five people to add new features to Philips Care’s dashboard for senior living facilities. I was able to prioritize tasks and finish them efficiently, I also learned a lot from people around me.

At both school and work, I realized the importance of good technical communication skills. At school, we need to write reports that convey technical information.  In job searching, we need a good application to present ourselves and to set ourselves aside from other applicants. At work, especially for a software developer, we need to write clear and concise documentation to facilitate teamwork. Hence, I would really like to polish my technical communication skills, to learn from others, and to try my best providing feedback to others.

Please consider my application for partnership, and feel free to contact me at y.wang.5@alumni.ubc.ca. I look forward to working with you!

Sincerely,

Yifan Wang

Enclosed: 301 Yifan Wang Application Letter