Midterm blog evluations

Hello! These are the three blogs that I want you to evaluate. The first one is the introduction blog and this blog is one of my favourites because I talk about how I plan to apply the knowledge that I gain in this course to my future career. And I also talk about a really amazing film called Edge of Knife which I really wanted to tell you about. 

https://blogs.ubc.ca/engl372blog/2020/01/11/welcome-to-my-blog/

The second blog is from lesson 1.2 and in this blog I was discussing the last chapter in Chamberlin’s book If This is Your land where are your Stories. And the reason why I chose this blog is because the chapter taught me more about Indigenous stories and how these stories are not entirely fiction and how they often have a lot of facts and real history in them. I feel that the chapter inspired me to speak about how Indigenous stories have been treated unfairly as society often views these stories as purely fiction.

https://blogs.ubc.ca/engl372blog/2020/01/17/assignment-1-3/

The third blog is the most recent one that I wrote and this one is from lesson 2.3. regarding how Robinson’s story “Coyote Makes a Deal with King of England ” uses oral syntax. I liked this blog because I am fascinated by the concept of oral syntax. I thought that it was impossible to write down an oral story and still preserve some of the storyteller elements until I saw how oral syntax can be used. * On a side note just wanted to inform you that I made a mistake in this blog that one of my peers pointed out to me I kept referring to Robinson as the writer because his name is on the cover of the book as the author and I should have been referring to Wickwire as the writer because she was the one who was actually writing in the oral syntax. https://blogs.ubc.ca/engl372blog/2020/02/19/assignment-2-6-is-it-possible-to-properly-transcribe-an-oral-story/

4 thoughts on “Midterm blog evluations

1. Hi Sydney!

I’ve had a pleasure reading your past few blogs and I believe our ideas would work well together int he final research project. I am currently in a team with Joanne, and I would like to humbly invite you to the group.

We look forward to your response and I hope to hear back from you soon. If you would prefer to contact me via email, please reach out to aranc.english@gmail.com.

As an additional note, I have also reached out to Lisa as well, if she would like to join our group research.

Thank you
    Best regards,

Aran Chang

• Hi Sidney,
      I’d like to immediately apologize for misspelling your name. I hope you can forgive my mistake.

Thank you
      best regards,

Aran

2. Hi Aran! I really appreciate the invite, but I am already in another group. (haha don’t worry about misspelling my name it happens all the time!)

• Hi Sidney,
      Thank you for letting me know on such a quick notice. I wish your group well in their research!

thank you
      best regards,

Aran