There are a number of tools which are useful in designing and building your e-portfolio artifacts or presenting information on your e-portfolio site. The following list represents a small handful of the numerous tools that are readily available on the internet.
- PowToon – Animated Video and Presentations.
- Mozilla PopcornMaker – Remix web video, audio and images to make mash-ups for presenting online or embedding.
- GoAnimate – Create your own animated videos using a wide range of personalized templates, graphics, and sounds.
- Thinglink – Annotate image and video content with notes and rich media links for creating interactive online presentations which can be embedded on your site.
- Zaption – Add images, questions and text to any online video in order to create and share an interactive lesson or presentation.
- Canva – Online software to create designs for Web or print including; graphics, presentations, Facebook covers, flyers, posters, invitations and more.
- LucidPress – Online print and digital publishing software which can be used to create flyers, brochures, posters, newsletters, and more.
- Piktochart – Create your own infographic by starting from scratch or using an existing template. Select from a gallery of graphics, fonts, images, and videos to include, or upload your own.
- Visual.ly – Data visualization and infographics tool.
- About.me – Web tool to create a digital page showcasing your achievements and assets, with the help of custom templates and multimedia materials.
- LinkedIn – A professional networking site with a built in function which lets you export your information into a professional-looking resume in PDF form.
- Vizualize.me – A new way to express your accomplishments, through visual timelines and simple, yet attractive, graphics.
Collaboration & Brainstorming
- TUZZit – An online graphic organizer that incorporates virtual post-it notes, checklists, photos, videos, and more in a whiteboard format. Real time sharing and collaboration makes this a great tool for group work and peer-review.
- Mind Meister – A highly simplistic, yet useful tool for creating visually appealing and well-organized concept-maps, whether for personal reference and growth, or to share with others and invite collaboration.
- Padlet – An interactive board, great for easily share your own ideas and relevant resources you find on the web.