Goodbye Ontario! Hello Beautiful freakin’ British Columbia!

This is my last post from Ontario before I move to UBC in the morning (Totem Park what what!) It’s 3:25am, my airbus comes to take me to the airport at 5:30am, and I still am no where near finished packing. So all future 2014 UBC Students either learn from my ways or take note that you are not the only one.

Top 10 list for Future UBC students!

1 ) If you are traveling from far away, buy what you can in Vancouver and bring the money for it instead. Don’t pay for shipping or extra luggage- it’s not worth it!

2 ) There’s an Ikea trip during FirstWeek- take advantage and try their meatballs!

3 ) If you can- GET USED TEXT BOOKS. PLAN AHEAD! I really didn’t do this and I’m going to be paying the high prices for brand new text books.

4 ) Get the minimum meal plan! Avoids a silly inflated overhead charge and just add on meal dollars, it saves you money!

5 ) If you are in Arts.. invest in some dark purple clothes for Imagine Day.. because I have no idea what I’m going to wear.

6 ) Don’t move into res first thing on move in day, come later in the afternoon and avoid lines!

7 ) Bring flip flops for the showers in Vanier/Totem!

8 ) Before booking any flights to school, watch for Seat Sales. Usually they go on sale at the beginning of the week and they can get super super cheap and then just grab it! WestJet offers that if you find a lower fare within 24 hous after booking, they will refund your credit card the difference. Air Canada is a final sale airline. Just some advice for domestic students!

9 ) Totem or Vanier? Doesn’t matter! Just go with your gut feeling. Seriously, ignore all the hoopla.

10 ) UBC IS FREAKIN’ SICK!

1 thought on “Goodbye Ontario! Hello Beautiful freakin’ British Columbia!